Dayton’s branch of Church Women United is a racially, culturally, theologically inclusive Christian women’s movement, celebrating unity in diversity and working for a world of peace and justice. Founded in 1941, Church Women United is:
- a movement representing Protestant, Roman Catholic, Orthodox and other Christian women;
- biblically based, shared Christian faith;
- organized into more than 1,200 local and state units working for peace and justice in the United States and Puerto Rico;
- supported by constituents in state and local units and denominational women’s organizations;
- impassioned by the Holy Spirit to act on behalf of women and children throughout the world; and
- recognized as a non-governmental organization by the United Nations.